A Progressive Theo-Political Blog Bringing You The Best and Worst of Baptist Life.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Call To Prayer

From Mainstream Baptist....
Wiley Drake, former Vice President of the Southern Baptist Convention, has issued a call for imprecatory prayer against my good friends and colleagues at Americans United for Separation of Church and State -- Joe Conn and Jeremy Leaming.

I am fully convicted that Drake is completely misguided to offer imprecations against these staunch advocates of both religious liberty and the golden rule, I intend to make it a point to pray daily at 9:00 AM CST for God to bless Joe Conn, Jeremy Leaming, Barry Lynn, Rob Boston and everyone else at Americans United.

I'll also pray for Wiley Drake and his cohorts to attune their hearts more fully to that of Jesus of Nazareth who denounced every temptation to enlist civil power as a means to inaugurate his kingdom.

While I am at it, I'm going to pray for Brent Walker, Hollyn Hollman and everyone at the Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty who share the mission with Americans United (an organization that the BJC helped found) as watchdogs over separation of church and state.
I have nothing nice to say about Wiley so I'll bite my tongue while I join in this call to prayer....

1 Comments:

Blogger peter lumpkins said...

Aaron,

Hope you are well. Without reservation, I agree with you--Wiley Drake is completely misguided. Oh, my my.

Grace. With that, I am...

Peter

10:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker