A Progressive Theo-Political Blog Bringing You The Best and Worst of Baptist Life.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Getting Hitched!

Well, I'm a few days late with this announcement...

But as of 8something CST last Thursday the 24th, Big Daddy Weave had to officially change his Facebook status from "In a Relationship" to "Engaged."

As we South Georgians from the Sweet Onion City might say:

I'm getting hitched!

Her name is Alexis Cooper. She's blogged here a time or two before. Alexis is a Baylor and UT alum - an environmental studies major at Baylor with a graduate degree in Urban & Regional Planning from that school in Austin. She's a Baptist. A former Young Democrat. A Obama Supporter. She used to head the Texas Baptist Young Professional Network of the Christian Life Commission. But as of January 2008, she's employed by the Waco Chamber of Commerce.

The getting hitched will change to just hitched sometime next summer.

Until then, I'll be trying my darndest to persuade her to allow me to incorporate a little bit of the best of Athens, Georgia into the Waco ceremony :-)


And yes folks, in the background what you see is the bottom of my magnificent 52 inch Samsung Plasma w/ surround sound system which is crammed into my one-bedroom apt (a special Thank-You to Haley & Olson PC). That Samsung has me excited about the upcoming SEC season. With the aid of my Samsung and a trip to Athens, hopefully Alexis will have a real Between The Hedges experience and be cured of that losing tradition that is instilled into all whose favorite chant is Sic Em Bears....

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Tauratinswe said...

Congratulations!

4:30 AM

 
Blogger Kaylor said...

Congrats!

6:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BDW,

I pray the Lord will bless and keep you as you begin this adventure of love and life together.

David Lowrie

8:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazel Tov! Marriage is THE great advengture: full of joy, tears, laughter, pain, sorrow, and more joy! Hold on for the rollercoaster, Bubba.

10:30 AM

 
Blogger Bruce Prescott said...

Congratulations!

9:20 PM

 
Blogger D.R. said...

Congratulations Aaron.

And when you come to Athens, let me know. My wife and I are moving there on Friday so I can take the reigns as pastor of Cleveland Road Baptist Church. I would really like to finally meet you in person.

11:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and God Bless!

11:18 AM

 
Blogger CB Scott said...

May the years to come grant you the same joy as have my years with Karen granted me.

Congratulations, Big Daddy, and may God bless you both.

cb

2:17 PM

 
Blogger Cat's Dad said...

Congratulations and best wishes for many happy years.

This doesn't mean Alexis agrees to be known as "Big Mommy" Weave, does it?

2:18 PM

 
Blogger Alexis said...

Um, no- I will not be Big Mommy. We'll have to come up with something I guess! :-)

2:28 PM

 
Blogger Arnie Adkison said...

BDW, congrats! I don't know Alexis that well, but our paths crossed a couple of times when she was doing Young Professionals stuff at BUA.

Blessings to you both! Marriage is a wonderful institution, if you like institutions!

Arnie

3:59 PM

 
Blogger Christa Brown said...

Congratulations and many good wishes!

6:36 AM

 
Blogger Angela said...

Weave is getting married! I'm so excited that I actually posted a comment on your blog.
Love,
Ms. Angela

11:52 AM

 
Blogger Debbie Kaufman said...

A huge congratulations.

12:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker