A Progressive Theo-Political Blog Bringing You The Best and Worst of Baptist Life.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Right Hand of God Gets Slapped....

Newsflash. Ralph Reed has conceded defeat in his bid to become the next Lieutenant Governor of Georgia. Woo Hoo. Wonder what's next for Plagarizing Ralph?? Guess all that Guerilla Warfare and Face Paint didn't do much for Ralph tonight...

"I want to be invisible. I do guerilla warfare. I paint my face and travel at night. You don't know it's over until you're in a body bag. You don't know until election night." - Ralph Reed, The Hill, December 17, 1997.

In other news, Lt. Governor Mark Taylor, aka The Big Guy, will put a good 7-8 point spanking to Secretary of State Cathy Cox. I've always been a fan of The Big Guy. He's been an arden supporter of Georgia's lottery-funded HOPE Scholarship which paid ALL of my tuition for 4 years at the University of Georgia! With 70% of the precincts reporting, Cynthia McKinney has a slight edge (1.4%) over her opponent. Combined with Ralph's concession and The Big Guy's Win, a Cynthia loss would make the perfect TRIFECTA! If this happens, I'll be one happy South Georgian boy.....

Here is the Atlanta Journal-Constitution article on Ralph Reed

Ralph Reed concedes defeat By Jim Galloway | Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 10:02 PM The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Former Christian Coalition leader Ralph Reed conceded defeat about 9:50 p.m. in Georgia’s Republican primary for lieutenant governor.

“Tonight my candidacy for lieutenant governor comes to an end,” he said. He promised to work for the GOP ticket, including Sen. Casey Cagle (R-Gainesville), his rival in the lieutenant governor’s race. Reed conceded at 9:48 p.m., speaking to a crowd that cheered for the first time all night. With him was his wife, Jo Anne, and their four children.

“Today, Jo Anne and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary. It was an important reminder of what’s really important. “Stay in the fight, don’t retreat, and our values will win in November,” he said. Reed left quickly but stopped to say he was proud of the race he ran. “I’m not focused on being a candidate in the future, but I’m glad I ran,” he said. With 43 percent of precincts reporting, the Georgia Secretary of State’s office showed Cagle with 55.2 percent of the vote, compared with 44.8 percent for Reed.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

9:52 AM

 
Blogger Michael Westmoreland-White, Ph.D. said...

Well, I share most of your joy, but I am a big McKinney fan. I also dislike the way she was defeated only by GA's weird allowing of Republicans to vote in Democratic primaries--not kosher.
McKinney stands up against the Washington war machine, so she always gets my support.

2:40 PM

 
Blogger Big Daddy Weave said...

As a former intern with John Lewis, he's my favorite politician from Georgia who always votes in the spirit of MLK.

McKinney's district (mostly Dekalb County) will always elected a progressive Democrat.

McKinney is like the red-headed step-child who always acts out. Allowing her father to open his mouth on the campaign trail and bringing in Louis Farrahkhan into a district with a large Jewish population before Election Day (in 2002) isn't the smartest idea for a politician..

3:49 PM

 
Blogger Michael Westmoreland-White, Ph.D. said...

John Lewis is one of my heroes from my childhood when he was a civil rights leader. I didn't know we were choosing between McKinney and Lewis--you seemed to be hoping for her downfall. NOT the same thing.

8:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some latest links to sites where I found some information: http://google-index.info/2758.html or http://google-index.info/2151.html

5:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker