A Progressive Theo-Political Blog Bringing You The Best and Worst of Baptist Life.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Obama Channeling My Favorite Aaron


That would be Aaron Sorkin.

From Obama's historic speech:

A nation of whiners? Tell that to the proud auto workers at a Michigan plant who, after they found out it was closing, kept showing up every day and working as hard as ever, because they knew there were people who counted on the brakes that they made. Tell that to the military families who shoulder their burdens silently as they watch their loved ones leave for their third or fourth or fifth tour of duty. These are not whiners. They work hard and give back and keep going without complaint. These are the Americans that I know.

It’s not because John McCain doesn’t care, it’s because John McCain doesn’t get it.
- Sen. Barak Obama

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have we ever talked about how much I love aaron sorkin? anyhow I agree, I think the speech last night was amazing, sorkin couldn't have done better himself.

6:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked out Aaron Sorkin from the link you gave. What's so amazing about him? Didn't look like a good Christian role model to me. mom2

7:08 AM

 
Blogger Big Daddy Weave said...

Apparently you're not a fan of The West Wing....

10:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker