Get On It!
Here's what the folks at Daily Kos are encouraging us to do!
- If you have a cell phone, sign up for People at the American Way's Mass Immediate Response site. This way, you'll be able to receive text message action items instantly as events break. (If you signed up during the nuclear option fight, you'll need to re-sign up.)
- Also sign up with the Save the Court, another PFAW website devoted specifically to this issue.
- Recruit friends and family members to the cause.
- Write to the President, telling him he should choose a consensus candidate to replace O'Connor.
- Contact your Senators to tell them the same thing
People think that Congressmen don't read your letters or pay attention to your calls - but I guarantee you many do! Back when I worked with Congressman John Lewis - he would call every afternoon and I would read to him the letters and summarize the phone calls. So, at least give your Senator a call. Hey, I'm gonna call Cornyn and Hutchison!